Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Little Prankster

Okay so I finally found some time
to sit down and write about my fun little
adventure with Grace this morning.
I'm sure that some of you have been patiently
or anxiously awaiting to hear what she did.
Oh goodness, all I can say is she is very smart.

Here it goes......

At about 8:30 this morning I ran out to my garage
to get Grace's laundry from the dryer. You see
our garage is separate from the house and I
absolutely hate that for this very reason. Leaving
Grace inside....unattended....for only two minutes
is never a safe thing. She takes advantage of the
fact that mommy is outside and she can get into
things that she is not supposed to be in. Well
to my surprise, and boy what a surprise, this was
not the case.

No, my surprise came to me when I tried to get
back in the house. So I'm sure you're already guessing
what has happened here. Grace loves to open and
close doors. And now she likes to lock them.
So if you guessed that she locked me out, you're exactly
right! I panicked for a minute. Then I started trying
to think what I could do. I start talking to her
through the door and wiggling the knob saying,
"Unlock the door Grace". Haha! Yeah right! What
was I thinking. She would knock back at me and
wiggle the knob back at me too.

My next plan was to figure out how to get out
of the backyard. All of our gates have masterlocks
on them and they are six foot chain link fences.
Well there was just no figuring here. I had to climb
over the fence and find someone with a phone.
My neighbors weren't home. But my grandma only
lives two blocks away. This was my only hope.
I took off running as fast as I could to my grandma's
house. But thankfully, there was a woman walking
her dog at the park. I stop, and am breathless because
I never go running. I ask her if she has a phone that
I can borrow. She looks at me like I'm crazy because
she was very skeptical of me. I then explain to her
that my 19 month old daughter has just locked me
out of the house, and that I need to call my husband
because he is at work. She finally, unwillingly, hands
me her phone and I called Brad. I'm thinking to myself
the whole time, this lady probably thinks I'm nuts,
telling her that my toddler has locked me out! And
I'm also thinking how ridiculous this sounds and I
almost want to burst into laughter because of it.

Long story short, we get it unlocked and Grace was
just fine. She was hanging out in the living room watching
cartoons. I really couldn't help but laugh at this point.
She's so smart and sometimes too smart for her mommy.
That's the scary part.

Some of things that she did were:

Hang out in the recliner. It was kicked back
when we came in. Haha!
Playing with her ball. I only know this because
it was sitting out in the middle of the living room.
....and vacuum. This was also pulled out in the middle
of the living room. This is all I could figure out.
Oh no, one more, she finished her milk, and like a
good little girl she put it in the sink for mommy.
This story was much more fun to tell than the
one about her climbing out of her crib.

Here are just a few more cute pictures that I took
from today's activites.
Hope you all enjoyed the story and I'm sure
that you're probably rolling on the floor after reading
about it too. It is quite a story. I never thought
something like that would ever happen to me, but when
you have kids anything can happen!

3 comments:

Katie Reeves said...

HA HA HA! :) The boys do this ALL the time to us but thankfully they are old enough to come unlock it. I've learned to take my keys with me, just in case though.

The Bonjour Four said...

hahahaha oh my goodness gracious. That little stinker. That is so funny. Im sure it wasn't at the time though. What a great memory! I'm glad she was okay. I adore that last picture of her. She is beautiful!

Nana said...

Well that makes both of us getting locked out only mine was just plain stupidity!! Grace was locking her and papa in the other day when you two were over. Papa just told me about it when I told him what Grace did!! Im glad youre both okay!! She is one smart cookie!!!!She has mischeif in her eyes in those pictures!!

Post a Comment