Tuesday, August 10, 2010

You Are My Sunshine

My sweet Grace,
you turned 20 months old today.
I am amazed at everything you have
learned and how fast you have learned
it all. It sure is a blessing to have you in
my life every minute, every hour, everyday!

Although you have started to hit the
dramatic stage, it sure is funny sometimes.
When you don't get your way you throw
THE biggest fits ever. But you haven't done
that in public yet. Thank goodness! I'm sure my
time is coming soon.

You're extremely social and very outgoing.
Whenever we're at the store you're constantly
saying "hi" to everyone and giving really cheesy
smiles. You know you're cute! Haha!

Your new favorite thing to do is to say "watch
moomie". Translation, "watch movie". And when
you say watch you shake your head up and down
like it's a rattle. I'll have to record it sometime because
it's the funniest thing. It's so cute when you say
"strawberry". It sounds like this when you say it,
strawberry-ry-ry-ry. Haha! It's pretty funny as well.

You've learned how to say all of your body parts.
And you know where every single one of them is.
We just recently figured out that she knows how
to say "hiney" for her bottom. I would've rather
her picked up on a different term, but that's how it
turned out.

And best of all, you can finally feed yourself like a big
girl, 100%! And just so everyone knows, she's known how
to do this, but she's always chosen mommy to feed her
because I always gave into it for fear of her not getting
enough food.

We haven't switched you over to a toddler bed yet,
but we're thinking it's almost time. I hope it works out
okay. I'm pretty nervous about it. We'll see!

Your favorite things to eat are strawberries of course.
That's why you know how to say it so well. Also apples,
spinach, broccoli and cheese, and a new favorite is pineapple
and cantaloupe. I'm liking that your picking up on all of these
yummy fruits. Makes me a happy mommy!

And despite your cranky moments that you've been having
lately, you're still such a sweet, sweet girl. You just know how
to put on a really good show! Haha!

Mommy and daddy love you oh so much! Now we have
to start planning for your 2nd birthday party. This is
going to be so much fun. I'm still trying to decide on what
kind of theme we should do. If anyone has any suggestions
send them my way. It sure would help out. Her birthday
is in December. But it doesn't have to be a winter theme.
Think outside the box if you will.

Oh and she's still having a really good
time staying with Nicole and Delilah during the day.
It's funny because she's started picking up on some of
the things that Delilah does. She's a very observant little
girl! Her and Delilah are just absolutely adorable when they
play. I can't wait to do a post about them.

And just some cute pictures of Grace with her new little
tricycle. She hasn't figured out the peddles yet, but she
loves to push herself around on it all the time. I love the outfit
I had her in that day! Just thought I should let you know
that. Haha!
Some of your favorite activities are playing with your
Play-Doh, coloring (of course), and bubbles. I don't know
how many times a day I hear you say "bubbles"! You also
try to find anything and everything in the house that has
a button. You looooove buttons. Especially the touch-screen
buttons on the DVD player. You're such a silly girl!

But lets face it, I could go forever and ever on this list of
new things that you do. It's so hard to keep up with how
fast you're learning everything. I hate that it's gone by so
fast, but I also can't wait to see what's in store for you in
the future! You're such a bright little girl with your
smartness and personality.

As the title says you are my sunshine!

We love you sweet Grace!

2 comments:

Nicole Scofield said...

birthday theme ideas-- barney or big bird! :)

Daddy said...

oh kasey never a dull moment with our girl at all i love this post it brings a tear to my eye to see how much she has grown and leared this past year and you post hit home very much my love and we do love you sweet baby girl and i love you mommy

Post a Comment