Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Grace's First Dentist Visit

Today was the day for Grace to go see the dentist. Dentists recommend that children should have their first check up 6 months after their first tooth. I searched for a good pediatric dentist and was a little skeptical of a few, but no worries because I think I found the perfect place. We went to Amarillo Pediatric Dentistry, and that place was amazing. It was the perfect atmosphere for kids. I must say I know that Grace liked it a lot too. She was really happy to have a flower balloon made for her. While we waited, she explored as much as she could. She even tried to run in the back before it was our time go in the back. She's a very observant child.



The exam went really good! Grace was a little scared at first and shed a few tears just because she didn't know what that doctor was doing looking in her mouth. He said that her teeth look great so far and that her first molar is coming in. I can't believe it! She has eight teeth right now and lately I've been checking often to see if anymore were coming in. I finally saw today that indeed there are more coming. Her first molar is just barely peeking through, but is definitely there. After her check up she got to pick out a prize for being so brave and good. We got the clapper hands. One of the best noise makers! Haha!


I'm so glad that her first visit went so well. And I really expected it to, too.

So to leave you with something that's pretty funny, here's Grace yesterday afternoon when I got her up from her nap.


She recently has figured how to get undressed. First it started out with her pj's and now this. We can't ever let her take a nap without putting pants on her because she also knows how to take her diaper off, and rather enjoys being in the nude! I just hope that it doesn't happen in public. Eeek!

Alright, well that's my humor......I mean Grace's humor for the day!

Hope you all have a good day!

3 comments:

The Bonjour Four said...

bwhahahaha that cracks me up! so funny. I'm so glad the first visit went well. I'm sure Noah is going to HATE it because he hates when we brush his teeth. both Josh and I have to hold him down or it is almost impossible to do it. we definitely need to find a good dentist around here to take Noah. Thanks for the reminder!

and thanks for the comment you left on my blog earlier!

BRADLEY said...

YES IT WAS A GOOD VISIT FOR THE FIRST ONE AND IT IS SUCH A NEAT PLACE I LOVE HOW THEY HAVE A GIRL THERE THAT PAINTS CARTOON PEOPLE ON THERE WALLS AND HOW THEY GIVE PRIZS FOR BING SO BRAVE BECAUSE LORD KNOWS DADDY HATE THE DENTIST BUT YES A EVER GOOD VISIT AND WE WILL BE GOING BACK THERE

Nana said...

Grace did such a good job at the dentist!! I am so proud!! Its great that her first experience was good! She cracks me up so much its like she is in her room having a party!! look at that sweet face laughing b/c she has figured out something new!!!!

Post a Comment